Job Posting Title:
Reports to: Department Supervisor/Team Leader Revision Date: 02-07-2018
Position Summary: MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK ANY SHIFT. This Position requires general knowledge of all jobs within the operating area. The General Laborer / production / sanitation fills in for employees who are on vacation, breaks or otherwise need assistance/ General Labor positions may be transferred to different positions and any shift based on company needs.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general labor tasks which include the following:
- Ability to run several of the manufacturing processing machines and/or perform several of the various jobs in the manufacturing operating area.
- Must perform change-over duties without assistance and in a timely manner.
- Serves as relief worker in production area during absences, vacations and extended production schedules which include Saturday shifts as needed.
- Safely and accurately perform all duties as required for this position to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
- Ability and willingness to perform sanitation positions at any time including mechanical teardown of equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skill Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Validation on position or machine will be required after initial training and every 6 months.
- Must be able to drive a forklift and be willing to obtain a forklift certification.
- Must be dependable, reliable and able to handle equipment safely and sensibly.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction, as well as basic math calculations.
- Must be able to work independently as well as effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work on all lines and perform all positions, including changeovers.
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime, including Saturdays/Sundays, as determined by business needs.
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution preferred.
- Experience working with manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Must be able to read and comprehend labels, ingredients, schedules and other required documents.
- Must be able to hear with protection around manufacturing equipment/forklifts
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform the following: standing, climbing, pulling, and or pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Good hand/eye coordination, motor skills, 20/20 corrected vision and hearing within the normal range.
- Must be able to work in variable temperature environment.
Environmental, Health and Safety Requirements:
- Must wear all required personal protection equipment associated with specific manufacturing work environment and job duties as stated in the Employee Handbook, posted policies, or as assigned by leadership personnel.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment and follow all safety policies and procedures, such as lock out/tag out, safe lifting techniques, and all others as instructed.
- Perform plant housekeeping duties in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices, company policies and procedures.
- Inform Management of any food safety or quality issues or of any processes which become noncompliant with specified requirements.
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Controls further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Buckner.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process