Basic Job Info
Works as part of a Three-person team on the extruder to poly coat substrates per customer specs. Works 12 hour rotating shifts; shifts subject to change based on company need. Works primarily on the unwind or windup end of the Extruder but can fill in on 1st hand position by performing the following duties. This position is a feeder position to Extruder 1st Hand position.
Essential Duties and Tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Knows and follows all safety policies and procedures. Ensures that co-workers are also following safety rules.
* Commitment, awareness and involvement pertaining to ISO (policy, standards, procedures, etc.) and food safety practices (GMPs, procedures, etc.) are requirements of all employees.
* Demonstrates appropriate attitude in all dealings with co-workers, customers, and suppliers.
* Reads specs/ customer orders for relevant information to the job, such as which side of the paper to coat, how much to bring in for the job, how to package and label for shipment.
* Reads production schedule and organizes products to stay ahead of the schedule. Knows where to find raw materials based on information obtained from the order jacket to effectively supply the extrusion line. Uses
* forklift / clamp truck to stage finished rolls / supply raw materials on the floor for movement to the next operation.
* Palletizes rolls; wraps on stretch wrapper to prepare for shipping.
* Ties bales on trim balers and broke balers.
* Sets up core cutter and cuts cores.
* Manage bleed pans, band and weigh bleeds.
* Uses forklifts and/or clamp trucks to transport rolls and other products between warehousing, rewinding, and extruding.
* Assists in threading machine when starting new order or if web breaks.
* Operates the primary unwind/windup lift table and turret arms. Includes setting up the primary unwind for rolls with 3" or 6" cores, changing and setting up for different web widths, and loading and unloading rolls on the unwind/windup. Must be able to set up the primary unwind/windup for splicing over the top and underneath. Sets up primary unwind/windup for automatic flying splices.
* Identifies physical defects in the base paper before it goes on the extruder. Identifies physical defects during coating or in outturn samples from production. Communicates defects to operator; adjusts correct the physical defects on the windup or unwind stands.
* Sets up/replaces slitter blades/back rings as needed per customer specifications. Understands and complies with safety requirements of working around slitter area.
* Learns duties of 1st hand position to provide relief for vacation and machine crew shortages.
* Ability to fill-in on Extruder 1st Hand job when necessary.
* All other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
* Six to Nine Months related experience and/or training.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Wrightstown.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process