Looking for qualified candidates who have prior experience working in a manufacturing facility and running production equipment. Shifts available is 8 p.m. - 8 a.m. ( 12 hours night shift) and 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. (12 hours day shift).
Operating Blown Film Extruders which includes understanding how the resin structure works, how to run extruders and prepare for both change overs and cleaning of the dies. Some light maintenance is required as is the ability to climb a three story tower (regular staircase) to help with change overs and startups. Also expected to keep area clean and help other operators with roll changes.
Must be able to lift up to 100lbs occasionally (during roll changes). Must have mechanical skills and be able to pass a mechanical apptitude test. High school diploma preferred but will consider right applicant with a GED. Must be willing to work as the usual scheduled shift every other weekend (Saturday, Sunday and Monday) with every other weekend off. This work schedule is a 48 hour work week/36 hour work week the next. Must be willing to work up to 60 hours during busy season depending on staffing and orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knows and follows all safety policies and procedures. Ensures that co-workers are also following safety rules.
- Commitment, awareness and involvement pertaining to ISO (policy, standards, procedures, etc.) and food safety practices (GMPs, procedures, etc.) are requirements of all employees.
- Reads specs/ customer orders for relevant information to the job, such as which side of the paper to coat, how much to bring in for the job, how to package and label for shipment.
- Reads production schedule and organizes products to stay ahead of the schedule.
- Knows where to find raw materials based on information obtained from the order jacket to effectively supply the extrusion line. Uses forklift / clamp truck to stage finished rolls / supply raw materials on the floor for movement to the next operation.
- Palletizes rolls; wraps on stretch wrapper to prepare for shipping.
- Ties bales on trim balers and broke balers.
- Responsible for taking care of bleed pans and poly bleeds.
- Sets up core cutter and cuts cores.
- Uses forklifts and/or clamp trucks to transport rolls and other products between warehousing, rewinding, and extruding.
- Assists in threading machine when starting new order or if web breaks
- Operates the primary unwind/windup lift table and turret arms. Includes setting up the primary and secondary unwinds for rolls with 3" or 6" cores, changing and setting up for different web widths, and loading and unloading rolls on the unwind/windup. Must be able to set up the primary and secondary unwind/windup for splicing over the top and underneath. Sets up primary and secondary unwind/windup for automatic flying splices.
- Identifies physical defects in the base paper before it goes on the extruder. Identifies physical defects during coating or in outturn samples from production.
- Communicates defects to operator; makes adjustments to correct the physical defects on the windup or unwind stands.
- Sets up/replaces slitter blades/back rings as needed per customer specifications.
- Understands and complies with safety requirements of working around slitter area.
- Learns duties of 1st hand position to provide relief for vacation and machine crew shortages.
- Ability to fill-in on Extruder 1st Hand job when necessary.
- Meets or exceeds target output rate while adhering to all Prolamina Safety and Quality standards.
- Sets next crew up for success and effectively and efficiently communicates at shift change to Operators and Supervisors.
- Ensures the Extruder does not run out of resin when drawing out of boxes. Stages resin boxes, and uses box tipper when necessary. Sets correct resin blend using the blender when necessary.
- Keeps area clean.
- Consistently at work and on time.
- Demonstrates appropriate attitude in all dealings with co workers, customers, and suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Follow all safety rules and regulations; wear PPE
- Read, understand and follow work instructions
- Follow quality requirements to meet or exceed specifications
- Effectively communicate with employees from your own and other departments to ensure a team environment.
- Must be able to work scheduled hours and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- All other duties as assigned.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Wrightstown.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process