Leidos is looking for a full-time Aerospace or Mechanical Engineer to join its F-16 Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (ASIP) engineering support team.
Candidate will primarily support F-16 ASIP Engineering personnel in numerous engineering tasks, including, but not limited to: analyzing aircraft inspection data, performing aircraft service life analyses, performing health of the F-16 fleet studies, and responding to engineering disposition requests. Candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with little supervision. Candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate directly with the customer. Candidate must be willing to travel and interact with foreign representatives.
• Monitor, mine, analyze, update, and report aircraft and part inspection data
• Analyze and evaluate individual and fleet-wide aircraft service life data
• Mine and analyze stress, crack, fracture, and failure data
• Recommend inspections, retirement thresholds, and other parameters impacting aircraft service life
• Perform studies as directed by F-16 ASIP Engineering personnel
• Provide engineering analysis and repair recommendations to F-16 maintainers through engineering disposition requests
• Provide engineering expertise to support and maintain F-16 structural integrity
• Perform and evaluate risk analyses
• Perform other engineering related tasks as required
• Collaborate with military, civilian, and contracted engineers in performing all of the above tasks
Required Education and Skills:
• B. S. degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
• 4+ years engineering or analyzing aircraft or similar structures
• Thorough understanding of mechanics of materials concepts
• Thorough understanding of stress, strain, cracking, metal fatigue, and related mechanisms
• Demonstrable experience modeling stresses across a surface
• Fundamental knowledge of probability and statistics, and the ability to apply them to risk analyses
• DoD Secret Clearance or ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
• U. S. Citizenship
Desired Education and Skills:
• Experience in chemicals, especially related to corrosion prevention and adhesion is strongly preferred
• M. S. degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
• Prior experience with F-16 structures and programs
• Familiarity with a USAF Aircraft Structural Integrity Program
• Strong grasp of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office software
• Knowledge of corrosion, fretting, other environmentally-assisted degradation, fatigue, and failure mechanisms
• Understanding of standard Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) techniques used on aircraft structures
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.