EMCOR Services New England Mechanical (NEMSI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. We offer a complete package of facilities services, including including HVAC, mechanical and electrical construction services, engineering, design, installation, repair and maintenance.
Job Title: Automation/Controls Technician
Summary: This position is responsible for all aspects of a Building Automation System (BAS) installation including downloading of programs, system start-up, checkout and commissioning.
- Perform point to point checkout, functional testing, calibration and commissioning of Direct Digital Controls and Integrated Systems.
- Review job contract specifications and scope. Verify system performance to ensure proper operations per job contract requirements.
- Review control drawings and wiring diagrams. Coordinate field installation with subcontractors including field devices and panel locations, wiring methodology, and special wiring requirements to ensure timely completion of the job.
- Maintain as-built drawings, updated job documents and software back-ups to ensure smooth turnover to Customer and Service group.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Work with other trades to coordinate work on the job site
- Edit and generate animated graphic display screens on an as needed basis
- Provide training to customers as required on system operation
- High school diploma, certificate from college or technical school, and 3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of DDC systems, control theory and applications.
- Knowledgeable of HVAC equipment including written sequences of operation
- Effectively able to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
Work independently and as a team member.
Proficient with a Digital Multi-meter and other testing tools
Ability to work overtime, varied shift hours and occasional travel as needed.
Must have a valid driver's license.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bend, climb, kneel, twist, stand and climb stairs and ladders
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including PTO and 401k with match, and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Poughkeepsie.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process