Basic Job Info
$60,000.00 - $80,000.00 /Year
$60000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance is seeking candidates for a full-time Staff Accountant position, which will become a critical part of an innovative company. Candidates should be driven by challenges and working with many components. You will succeed in this Staff Accountant position if you can prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. This role's duties include internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. This Evanston, Illinois area-based position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. We're looking for people who are detail-oriented and analytical thinkers with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Arrange schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Assemble journal entries and thorough account reconciliations that include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Manage intercompany reconciliation, billings, and transactions
- Survey and organize various financial data, reporting it in a useful and understandable manner
- Play a part in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Compose analyses for income statements and monthly balance sheets for management reporting
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Regularly maintain and reconcile journal entries
For immediate consideration please email resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled with ERP systems
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to retain complex work directions
- Bookkeeping experience preferred
- Expertise in Accounts Payable (AP)
- Solid understanding of account reconciliation
- Strong familiarity with Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Evanston.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process