This role will serve as a co-teacher in a classroom with a certified teacher. The collaboration teacher will plan, implement, and supervise all classroom activities. This position works with typically developing children and children with disabilities. The position works in tandem with an integrated team to support the goals of the program.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with co-teacher and specialist staff to ensure that the classroom environment and activities meet all applicable local, state and federal regulations including, but not limited to: program policies and procedures, Head Start Program Performance Standards, Texas Education Agency, NAEYC Accreditation Standards and TDFPS (Child Care Licensing) regulations.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, captures the interest of children, is engaging and developmentally appropriate.
- Plan and implement the prescribed NCI/ HISD curriculum through learning experiences that advance the intellectual, social and physical development of children.
- Develop and implement lesson plans and daily routines for children in accordance with each child's need, based on a method of observing and recording children’s interests and current levels of functioning.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, based on authentic, performance-based assessment and research that is consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Screens, observes and documents progress in program prescribed assessment system.
- Communicates regularly with parents regarding their children’s academic and developmental progress and documents the communications.
- Collaborate and plan with co-teacher purposeful assignments for Teaching Assistants and volunteers.
- Perform professional responsibilities in terms of regular attendance, maintenance of accurate records and timely submission of reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or related field preferred.
- Bachelor degree in another discipline is acceptable with 18 hours in early childhood education.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Houston.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process