GIS MAPS Researcher/Surveyor
Basic Job Info
US-CA-Santa Clara California
Position: GIS Maps Researcher
Duration: 12 month contract on a W2 basis
Location: Santa Clara, CA
- Technical/detail oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Strong ability to work independently; self-starter
- Strong team work ethic GIS/Mapping background/experience
- Excellent web research skills
- Excellent communication skills over telephone, email, and various chat and other apps
- Understanding of map attribution, data collection, and map specification for particular attributes
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex subject matter
- Creative; sees where improvements can be made and provides suggestions
- Corporate maturity with good communication skills
- Ability to travel for days/weeks at a time (possible)
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time ~5 hours/day (max) (possible)
- Has personal vehicle available for work-related functions (possible)
- Asks questions!
- Proficient with Mac iOS and OS Comfortable performing regular app maintenance, updates
- Familiarity with various Mac apps
- Perform map survey in the field/remotely using internal apps to do data collection of street, traffic, and other attribution.
- Office web research of upcoming and ongoing construction projects and traffic rules and other changes/updates.
- Provides regular updates to Field Coordinator and collaborates with other surveyors.
- There may be some level of telephoning agencies to verify and do more research on office web research.
- Potential for working on related projects in different groups.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Santa Clara.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process