Position Overview:Coordinates the day-to-day activities of a team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established production specifications and schedules; monitors the volume and quality of output and adjust tasks, timing etc.; supervises staff to ensure that all production tasks are performed and all machines and equipment operated safely; prepares production reports. Leads/supervises a team of more than 2 para-professionals; typically without budget or hire-fire authority; focuses on mentoring and coordination.
Function Specific Activities:
- Deliver Results & Grow Business.
- Execute 1yr and 3yr business plans supporting national/regional/local TPM objectives including the implementation of strategies, processes & programs.
- Lead team to maximize productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support operation to help reduce overall costs.
- Develops & Inspires Diverse & High Performing Teams
- Encourages sharing of best practices within the team; breaks down barriers to teamwork; resolves conflict effectively.
- Proactive in providing feedback opportunities for team members and requesting feedback on his/her leadership
- Holds self and others accountable, appreciates others' needs and perspectives and commits to ensuring an inclusive environment
- Communicates Effectively
- Builds buy-in from the team through productive, appropriately targeted and timely messages
- Demonstrates the ability to translate difficult messages into everyday language; listens to reactions of audience to ensure message is received
- Import & Export Good Ideas that Drive Change
- Sustain a consistent, long-term vision through continuous process improvement.
- Adopt and share best ideas inside and outside the company.
- Embraces - and effectively coaches others on - the importance of change and understands the positive role it plays in achieving our business goals
- Build Customer Value
- Satisfy the needs and service requirements of the internal and external customers.
- Ensure compliance to company and regulatory policies.
- Respond to company needs with expert quality and timeliness that contribute to successful outcomes
- At least 1 year in supervisory roles of people & processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams showing improvement in plant KPIs.
- Working knowledge of the principles of manufacturing management.
- Working knowledge of specific supply chain capabilities, strategies and interdependencies.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Working knowledge of basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of key business drivers used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or supplier.
- ISO (22000, 9000, 14001, etc) or other management system
- Lean, Six Sigma, 5S
- Working knowledge of food safety
- Self-Guided Work Force
- Continuous Improvement
- Change Management
- Leader of leaders
- Operational Excellence
- Lean manufacturing concepts
Specialized Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of PMs on manufacturing equipment
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred Level Bachelor's Degree in technical or engineering
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Northampton.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process