Job Posting Title:
Takes complete ownership and accountability for overall plant operations with a desire to win. Through subordinates, supervisors and managers, assures employee engagement, safety, quality, customer service, continuous improvement, cost, and production objectives are met or exceeded. Provides coaching and leadership to team members in the areas of employee engagement, safety, quality, customer service, continuous improvement, cost, and equipment reliability to elevate the team's performance. Success relies on ability to build relationships and fully engage all employees in business improvement.
Performance will be managed by the following critical metrics: employee retention and turnover, reduced total recordable injury rates, key certifications in food safety, quality and organics, case fill rate and on time delivery, lower conversion cost year over year, asset reliability, and successful retention of improved yields.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety policies/protocols and promote a safety culture.
- Lead the development, execution and monitoring of the operations strategy in line with the overall operational objectives to achieve safety, quality and performance improvement and ensure achievement of manufacturing goals.
- Lead the continuous improvement program to deliver opportunities in cost, quality, food safety and service.
- Continually coach, direct and train employees utilizing Lean principles. Monitor employees' work performance and attitude and perform formal reviews as required by policy. Coach and counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job skill deficiencies.
- Utilize available data including OEE, line speed target, and efficiency and process data to continuously improve productivity, uptime and reliability.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Assist in the development of operational and capital budgets, policies and procedures, and the execution of same.
- Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with plant and corporate procedures as well as in compliance with all customer and governmental regulations.
- Conduct regular meetings with plant employees to ensure operational issues are being communicated and addressed expediently with a common understanding of goals.
- Drive employee engagement, training and development to maximize safety, quality, and productivity.
- Build a culture of recognition where you celebrate with the team and continue on to the next challenage.
- Do things the right way and never allow compromise of our core values.
- Push yourself and others hard everyday to "Exceed the Limits of Possible".
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Manufacturing, Processing or Packaging industry with specific experience in food production
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience strongly desired
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity- asking the compelling and challenging questions
- Results-driven with a strong desire to grow and learn in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated track record exceeding targets goals
- Minimum 5-8 years manufacturing experience preferred in plant leadership
Education: Bachelor's Degree Prefered - Type: Operations Management, Engineering, Manufacturing or related field
Travel Requirements: up to 5%
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Buckner.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process