With safety top of mind as we care for our employees and partners on our projects due to COVID-19, you may experience a delay in response to a position applied to or a request to interview. Thank you for your patience as we navigate through this challenging time. Please stay safe and we look forward to engaging with you soon.
Position Description: Leads, directs and coordinates the work of subcontractors and/or Turner trade labor with regard to the Electrical systems included in the project. Responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project. The Electrical Superintendent has supervisory responsibility for Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, Interns and trade labor in his/her area of responsibility.
Reports to: Project Superintendent, Project Manager or MEP Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
Specifically relating to the electrical systems (e.g. Electrical, Low Voltage, Fire Sprinkler):
• Minimum 10 years of experience in electrical construction and equipment installation
• Minimum 5 years of experience as an electrical supervisor in industrial plant settings
• Demonstrated ability to plan work, line out resources and run electrical crews.
• Ability to read, interpret and evaluate primary and secondary one line diagrams
• Demonstrate experience with low voltage electrical systems and controls
• Experience with electrical design assist roles; ability to communicate with design teams get problems resolved
• Demonstrated electrical quality control skills in the field and document control assurance
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use
of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. *May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor