ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Monitors dough sent from mixer to extruder on overhead conveyor system
- Cuts dough with a Chef's Knife and loads the extruder as necessary
- Maintains a measured amount of dough inside the extruder hopper
- Monitors the dough activity coming out of the extruder. Make recommendations for improvements as needed. Clears dough jams with appropriate procedures and tools as necessary.
- Applies flour to the dusting table and top duster.
- Monitors the proofing line dough performance. Clears dough jams with appropriate procedures and tools as necessary.
- Recommends changes or makes changes to the sheeting process.
- Monitors proofed dough by the slitters to ensure proper flow into the chip oven
- Monitors chip cutting area for proper size and texture. Make recommendations for improvement if needed
- Monitors chip quality after the toaster oven. Makes recommendations for improvement if needed.
- Cleans extruder, line/belts, dicer and other areas when the line is down for sanitation.
- Scrapes the proofing belts during sanitation.
- Removes flour (dusting brush / vacuum) from proofing belts, motors, drives, covers, electrical boxes, and frame during sanitation.
- General clean-up of area throughout the day.
- Records and documents according to procedures
- Communicates with associates routinely to assure that all are aware of the work to be completed, priorities for the day and any impending issues
- Performs all plant cleaning and sanitation activities on all equipment and in all departments following both safety and quality procedures, policies, and rules and in accordance with the standards, regulations and laws governing food safety, food quality and environmental safety regulations and monitors and accurately documents all work completed
- Assists production with packaging, palletizing, and other duties, as needed
- Communicates concerns to Baker, Mixer, and Production Supervisor
- Remains current in training expectations
- Supports the implementation and monitoring of food safety and food quality standards, regulations, and laws. Notifies leaders if there are any concerns or opportunities for improvement
- Keeps work environment clean, safe and positive
- Assure the implementation of all identified food quality and food safety standards, laws, good manufacturing practices, training and continuous improvement
- Present a good and positive business image in every aspect of your professional daily business
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires education generally equivalent to a high school diploma
- Requires a minimum of one year of progressive work experience preferably food production
- Requires a working knowledge of food safety and food quality standards and regulations such as SQF and environmental safety regulations along with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Requires basic mathematical skills to be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide combined with the ability to read and interpret formulas and recipes, and calculate proportions, rations and ingredient amounts
- Team player, positive attitude, works well with others, and communicates effectively with all associates.
- Requires effective and clear written and oral communication skills fluent in English to clearly communicate with other team members
- Requires teamwork ability with a positive attitude
- Requires moderate computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft programs such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent use of hands to finger, handle, grasp or touch objects and tools
- Frequently is required to talk or listen
- Frequent standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, squatting, stooping, crouching, crawling, twisting, bending, reaching
- Frequent lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, with team lift assistance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
The employee works indoors in a production environment. Additionally, the incumbent will work near moving mechanical parts, and in high places. He/she will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. There is moderate noise in the work environment.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Milwaukee.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process