Position Overview:The Transportation Planner is responsible for planning and managing shipments from CCNA sites to customers and intra-company shipments. Typical daily load volumes under management by this role will be 100 -200 and will vary based on complexity of site(s) managed and business needs. The planners are key members of each production management team involved in daily operations while also linked with strategic team involved in carrier business reviews.The Transportation Planner is the leader/business owner of their assigned area of responsibility. This includes responsibility and accountability for service performance versus goal and financial performance. Typical annual spend for the assigned area is $10M -$50 Million responsible for 10k -40k customer loads.Each planning resources is accountable for fully leveraging the Oracle Transportation Management system's capabilities and are responsible for analyzing key performance indicators and implementing corrective actions balancing service and costs.
Function Specific Activities:
Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Operates trucking equipment; transports goods and materials; may be responsible for loading/unloading and ensuring cargo safety/security; completes routine trip documentation incl. a driver logbook, inspection reports, accident/incident reports etc. Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards; knowledge base acquired from several years of experience in particular area; works independently; may coach other para-professionals.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Daily load planning & execution for area of responsibility
- Utilizing a TMS system (OTM, SAP); Troubleshooting TMS System
- Proactive identification and resolution of service issues (On Time Performance and Primary, Tender Acceptance, etc.)
- Weekly Lane and Budget management for area of responsibility via Rate Variance?
- Coordination and proactive communication to changes of load status with internal/external stakeholders (Plants, Warehouses, Customers, Distributors, Customer Service, etc.)
- Lead and Participate in daily / weekly / monthly Operational Routines includeing On Boarding New Suppliers
- Weekend and Night Coverage & Issue Resolution for Critical Customer Delivery Issues
- Performing additional duties as assigned
APPLY BY UPLOADING A COPY OF YOUR RESUME IN WORD.DOC OR PDF FORMAT
Years of Experience:
3-5 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Northampton.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process