Senior Manager, Global Publications— Redwood City, CA
As the Global Publications Leader (GPL) you will have direct accountability for the development and execution of strategic publication plans for global clinical studies and non-clinical trial sources. You will engage and collaborate with external experts, investigators, journals, conference organizers and external bodies to develop and manage effective external relationships to deliver strategic publication and communication activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with the Global Medical Affairs Leaders (MALs), US Publication Leads, marketing companies and external experts / thought leaders that form part of the global cross-functional publication teams that develop and deliver external scientific communications plans for prescribers, payers, and patients
- Manage ethical compliance policies and external publication guidelines governing publications plans and deliverables. You also will ensure that all publications represent a transparent and balanced communication of data that enhance the Company’s external scientific reputation
- Lead the translation of scientific, clinical and evidence planning data into appropriate timely publications for prescribers, payers, and patients through disease area and product insights and effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and alliance partners
- Track existing publication plans by brand and study to ensure alignment with evidence plan
- Lead the generation of a quarterly internal newsletter that provides updated information on study conduct and results communications as appropriate by brand
- Lead day-to-day management of assigned publication plans, delivery of outputs, financial tracking and meeting activities and working closely with all members of the delivery team
- Develop thorough understanding of internal stakeholders in order to further the leverage of clinical and Medical Evidence Center (MEC) studies
- Lead a cross-functional global publications team and serving as key internal and external point of contact regarding publication program status, ensuring proactive communication of overall status with cross-functional team, investigators, and alliance partners to ensure the needs of the regions and key market (US, Europe, Japan) countries
- BS or MS degree in Clinical or Scientific Discipline preferred
- Demonstrated experience in medical communications gained through working in the pharmaceutical industry or a medical communications agency
- Experience of working globally, cross-culturally and cross-functionally
- Strong therapeutic knowledge in oncology
- Demonstrated project management experience (PMP Certification preferred)
- Broad understanding of drug development process
- Demonstrated performance, budget, and resource management skills in a global organization
- Excellent leadership and project management skills to deliver in a complex multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with external experts, investigators, journal editors and publishers and professional bodies
- Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders and projects to within budget
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage long-term activities in a constantly changing internal and external environment
Apply Today! Questions? Call Justin at 714.602.1217 or email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Redwood City.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process