Job Title: Receiving Operator (2nd & 3rd shift)
Shift: 2nd: 3pm - 11pm, Mon – Fri, with a paid 30 minute meal break
3rd: 11 pm - 7 am, Sun-Fri, with a paid 30 minute meal break
Pay: 2nd: $16.50 / Hour
3rd: $16.00/ Hour
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt—Hourly
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Unload all incoming trucks.
- Conduct receiving inspections.
- Enter coil information into MMP computer.
- Tag all incoming master coils.
- Update office coil receipts database.
- Store coils.
- Operate the coil grab.
- Operate the C-hook.
- Locate and deliver coils to the slitters.
- Place any nonconforming material found during receiving on 'Suspect' status.
- Responsible for keeping assigned areas of planned clean.
- Monitor truck drivers to ensure they follow all safety and company policies, including no smoking in plant. Report to supervisor or management of any violations.
High School Diploma or GED
Ability to operate various plant equipment
Ability to key information into plant computer
Ability to be trained in detection of steel defects
a. Physical demands: Sitting – Less than ¼ of the time.
Use of hands or fingers to handle or feel – Over ¾ of the time.
Reach with hands and arms – Over ¾ of the time.
Talk or hear – Over ¾ of the time.
b. Weights to be lifted: Up to 10 pounds – Over ¾ of the time.
Up to 25 pounds – Over ½ of the time.
max.50lbs – less than ¼ of time
c. Vision requirements: Close vision (clear vision at 36 inches or less).
d. Bending/Climbing: Bending – Over ¾ of the time.
Climbing – Over ½ of the time.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Portland.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process