$5,000 Sign On Bonus RN, Operating Room Circulator
Basic Job Info
4 Year Degree
Benefits, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous PTO
Full Time Opening
RN, Operating Room Nurse Circulator
Get your weekends and holidays back!
$5,000 Sign On Bonus
Responsible for providing nursing care to the patient during the intra-operative phase. Performs nursing activities in the operating room where the circulating nurse is the patient's advocate. Answers patient needs by assisting the physician and person responsible for anesthesia care. Responsible for supervising Surgical Technologists and other members of the health care team as assigned.
$5,000 sign on bonus
No weekends or holidays
Employer matched 401k
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Organization.
- Supports, and performs according to, approved policies and procedures.
- Considers patient rights in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Participates as a team member in support of the total perioperative process.
- Contributes to the progress and development of the approved Quality Management Program.
- Supports risk management and participates in programs directed to patient and staff safety.
- Contributes to the quality management process; identifies role and contributions upon request; participates in data collection activities to support the Quality Management Program.
- Supports efforts to achieve full staff development and to identify staffing patterns and problems.
- Objectively evaluates suggestions, grievances, and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care.
- Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians, and co workers.
- Interactions are respectful and courteous.
- Communicates effectively and professionally using a translator when necessary.
- Documents that information received from the patient is disseminated to the appropriate people or departments.
- Maintains and promotes professional competence through continuing education and other learning experiences.
- Participates in committees, conferences, and quality management activities.
- Researches and submits pertinent articles for review at staff meetings.
- Seeks new learning experiences by accepting challenging opportunities and responsibilities.
- Objectively evaluates suggestions or criticisms and attempts to improve performance or seeks further guidance, as needed.
- Maintains membership in relevant professional organizations.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings, committees, in-services, workshops, seminars, and conferences according to job responsibilities and Facility requirements.
- Organizes and participates in orientation and staff development programs to meet identified learning needs.
- Assists with orientation and training of new personnel and acts as a resource person for patient care problems.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Reports observed or suspected violations, hazards, and noncompliance according to Facility policy.
- Observes safety measures in performance of job duties and responsibilities, enforces compliance with safety and security policies and procedures.
- Responds to emergency situations with competences and composure.
- Interacts appropriately with various age groups.
- Accurately assesses and interprets age-specific patient data.
- Involves the patient's family in decision-making about the patient's care.
- Provides care appropriate to the patient's age group.
- Accurately applies knowledge of growth and development.
- Accurately interprets age-specific patient responses to questions and instructions.
- Considers age-specific patient requirements when responding to emergency situations.
- Organizes time, equipment, supplies, and staff to provide effect case management.
- Supervises and directs patient care in a single operating room.
- Organizes nursing activities efficiently and effectively delegating activities appropriate to the abilities of available staff members.
- Considers cost-containment by using supplies economically and in effective turnover time.
- Assists with supply, drug, and equipment inventories to maintain stock level and availability in all areas.
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient and staff needs and providing necessary care.
- Confirms that staff is using proper techniques and procedures according to accepted standards and practice.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of pre/postoperative areas.
- Addresses patient needs during admission to the operating room with attention to requirements specific to the outpatient setting.
- Assists in assessing the physical and emotional status of the patient upon admission according to the Facility policy.
- Develops a plan for patient care based on assessment data and implements preoperative care according to Facility policy.
- Informs patient about routine care and procedures related to the perioperative experience.
- Provides comfort and reassurance to the patient and supports the patient's right to privacy, dignity, and confidentiality.
- Documents preoperative care according to policy and procedure.
- Transports patients to the operating room according to Facility policy, safety requirements, and patient needs.
- Identifies the patient and correct surgical intervention according to Facility policy and communicates with all surgical team members.
- Reviews the patient's medical record and needs to plan care with other health care team members.
- Explains intra-operative phase routine procedures and care to the patient.
- Performs the circulating nurse's functions adhering to approved operating room procedures for the scheduled procedure.
- Prepares operating room according to the procedure to be performed and patient needs.
- Assembles and provides properly functioning equipment, supplies, and instruments before the start of the procedure; positions and adjusts equipment as required during the procedure.
- Anticipates needs of the surgical team; assists anesthesia staff by supporting the patient during administration of anesthesia.
- Assists with the proper and safe positioning of the patient and prepares the operative site as directed by established procedures.
- Monitors compliance with principles of aseptic technique according to accepted standards.
- Assists with identification and confirmation of operative site.
- Provides for comfort in the physical environment by monitoring designated parameters.
- Provides continuity of patient care by communicating with other perioperative care personnel and documenting records appropriately.
- Performs safe and individualized nursing care for the patient in the immediate postoperative and post-anesthesia period.
- Assesses and documents the patient's physical and emotional status upon arrival in the PACU.
- Documents post-anesthesia care and identity to second person in the PACU during the patient's recovery from anesthesia/sedation according to approved policies and procedures.
- Provides nursing care to meet patient needs related to surgical condition and type of anesthesia administered.
- Monitors patients and informs surgeon or anesthetist of observed complications.
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and physician.
- Accurately comprehends and interprets verbal orders and direction.
- Documents patient care records and other forms accurately according to Facility policy.
- Accurately advises others responsible for patient care about the patient's status.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Operating Room experience required.
- Must possess a current, unrestricted registered nurse license from the State of Michigan.
- Current BLS certification required.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Requires language skills adequate for high-level written and interpersonal communication in American English.
- Requires immediate judgment and response; occasionally in response to disasters or emergencies, actual events or drills.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Southfield.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process