Large Food Manufacturing Company is Looking for a Corporate-level Project Engineer.
Candidates must have experience in planning large capital project and must have 6-12 years experience
40%-50% Travel involved
The Engineering Project Manager is part of our North American corporate engineering team. This position will manage the development and execution of critical capital engineering projects related to plant operations and expansions using state-of-the-art technologies.
This position can be based in Oakbrook Terrace, IL or Appleton, WI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Oversee the design and review of equipment and systems using corporate standards.
- Interface with engineers to define project scope requirements and incorporate corporate standards.
- Evaluate new process technologies to improve existing systems and resolve process and safety problems.
- Work with finance, production, and safety to develop justifications for capital projects and prepare the Requests for Expenditure
- Authorization (REAs) in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Acquire and negotiate project contractor bids in conjunction with third party procurement services - Prepare project specifications and/or tender documents.
- Manage release of design input to suppliers (contractors, component suppliers, etc.).
- Perform supplier site visits to ensure compatibility of equipment designs with current plant configurations.
- Produce site visit reports, contractor job meeting minutes, project material listings, purchase orders, installation schedules and preparation of any other documentation relating to installation of systems. - Assist in the development of new installation techniques and standards.
- Manage capital projects to meet deadlines and budgets. Identify and effectively utilize project resources. - Manage the resolution of technical issues identified by suppliers.
- Manage technical documents provided by suppliers.
- Provide technical assistance to processing facilities, to improve quality and efficiency.
- Play a coordination role for fire and safety processes. This will require liaison between Insurance brokers, carriers, facility staff and Finance department staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (ME/EE/IE/ChE) (+ MS/MBA +PMP preferred) or related field, or equivalent related experience.
- Additionally, the incumbent must have eight plus (8+) years of project management experience preferably directly related to food processing. Familiarity with processing techniques. Experienced in the development and maintenance of plant system documents, process flow sheets, block diagrams, schedules and spend tracking. Experience using AutoCAD.