*** ALL TRAINING PROVIDED ***
Signode Industrial Group has an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to train to become a Slitter Operator. This position is in our Florence, KY facility on night shift. The successful candidate must have a "safety-first" mindset, be a self-motivated partner supporting his/her co-workers throughout the operation, be committed to producing quality products and drive continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Perform quality testing
- Operate a slitter and multiple winding machines
- Operate various hand tools and a hand truck
- Utilize a hoist
- Occasionally move up to 55lb coils
- Utilize a table saw
- Operate a forklift (training provided)
- Operate slitter line and all associated equipment to include rewinders, robot, conveyors, label machine and stackers
Responsible for set up of line, which includes placing coils on rewinders, stringing/taping line, and securing lids
Accountable for final quality check of finished coils/packaging as the line is broken down
Must maintain area supplies (boxes, tier sheets, labels, strap, shrink wrap, etc.) and put finished goods into stock properly.
The requirements in order to join Signode for this position are minimal:
- Ability to communicate in English, including reading and writing
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Able to work 12 hour night shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Successfully complete a pre-employment background check including criminal, past employment, and education checks as well as a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Ability to wear all required PPE, including safety shoes and glasses, as well as hearing protection and gloves.
- Competitive salary including a 10% shift premium
- Sunday pay
- Paid meal periods
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k with Company matching contributions
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short and long term disability insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for advancement
Signode Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Florence.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process