PruittHealth is seeking a Physical Therapist to join our home health division.
This position offers great training, flexible scheduling options, and competitive guarantee salary
Position: Physical Therapist (PT), Home Health
Sign On Bonus Available for Select Locations!
Provide evaluative, consultative, and treatment interventions to all home health patients referred by a licensed physician in their place of residence. Maintain effective communication with Home Health partners, United Rehab partners, patients, patients' families, and other internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide therapy treatments to PruittHealth patients in their place of residence.
- Meet agency productivity standards. Utilize time and resources effectively.
- Maintain clinical records in accordance with federal, state, and agency regulations and guidelines.
- Inform the physician, RN Care Manager, Patient Care Coordinator and other interdisciplinary team members of the current patient condition, outcomes, response to treatment and any changes which may indicate a change in patient condition or need to revise the plan of treatment.
- Prepare clinical documentation including assessments, visit notes, and progress notes. Coordinate services as directed by the RN Care Manager and/or Patient Care Coordinator. Submit all documentation within timelines determined by the agency.
- Assess the health status of assigned patients according to the agency policies and procedures and job standards.
- Revise the care plan as indicated.
- Regularly reevaluate the patient’s level of function and skilled therapy needs.
- Provide therapy services according to the plan of care that has been developed and ordered by the physician.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Patient Care Coordinator.
- Supervise LPTA staff members as directed by the Patient Care Coordinator.
- Participate in the agency Performance Improvement Program.
- Maintain competence level to meet agency and JCAHO standards governing personnel training, qualifications, and patient care. Participate in the agency's in-service and education program.
- Actively participate in interdisciplinary team conferencing.
- Assist the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Advise and consult with the family and other interdisciplinary team members to promote the optimal functional outcomes.
- Instruct the patient/patient caregiver(s) on the total physical therapy program.
- Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure / JCAHO) and any subsequently required reports.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in the field. Maintain current license/certification, as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory in-services.
- Honor patients/residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Darlington.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process