Automotive Technician / Transmission Technician / Auto Mechanic
Basic Job Info
At least 2 year(s)
Crestview Cadillac is looking for experienced Transmission Technicians to join our winning team!
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or GM standards
- Disassemble, diagnose and repair vehicle transmission
- Cleaning and inspection of all parts
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test new vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
As a Transmission Technician (Automotive Mechanic), you will be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as an Automotive Technician:
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as an transmission technician
- Must hold at least 2 National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications
- GM certification highly preferred
- Must have some level of instructor led automotive training (e.g. high school automotive, vocational, college, technical school, OEM, etc.)
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Must have working knowledge of shop equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Ann Arbor.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process