TRACK VEHICLE REPAIRER
The track vehicle repairer is primarily responsible for performing maintenance on tracked vehicles and supervising activities that include fuel and electrical system repair and maintenance.
- Repair diesel power plants/packs, compression ignition engine fuel systems and compression ignition air induction systems
- Fix vehicle air cooling systems and vehicle liquid cooling systems, and track hull electrical systems and automatic transmission assemblies
- Service track vehicle cross drive transmission assemblies, transfer assemblies, hydraulic brake systems and fire extinguisher/suppression systems
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a track vehicle repairer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 13 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Engine repair and tune up or replacement
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems
- Body repair and body panel replacement
- Interest in auto mechanics and the industrial arts
- Enjoy physical work
- Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical problems
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Wheeling.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process