CUA Case Manager
Basic Job Info
At least 1 year(s)
4 Year Degree
Case manager applicants should have strong knowledge of child welfare protective services issues and the needs of high risk, vulnerable families. Client families are identified by the Department of Human Services based on concerns regarding parenting skills and ability to maintain children in a safe environment. This case manager will assist families in developing parenting practices and skills that reduce safety risks and enhance ability to provide a nurturing environment for children.
- A bachelor’s level in Human Services, BSW preferred
- Two years case management experience involving youth
- Knowledge of child and family service systems
- Valid Driver’s License (issued by state in which employee lives) and safe driving record and proof of insurance coverage
- Experience with computers beneficial
- Knowledge of social work values and/or child welfare services.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (and other duties as assigned)
- Conduct intakes, provide assessment to determine client needs
- Provide home, school and community visits to assess need and assist in accessing resources
- Develop a comprehensive service plan
- Facilitate access to additional resources as needed
- Team collaboration with other components of youth and family services
- Create and maintain client files and complete all required documentation
- Provide on-call services through a rotational basis
- Provide written or an oral reports to department of human services and family court as needed
- Participate in required training
- Participate in supervision
- Must demonstrate genuine empathy and concern for individuals as indicated in our corporate vision, mission, and values statements.
- Knowledge of culturally competent values, principles and practices required
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Free from contagious disease/infection
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Criminal Check Clearance
- Mental Health Assessment, if necessary
- Substance Assessment, if necessary
- Able to speak English clearly and hear voice of conversational tones.
- May be required to use own vehicle when other means of transportation are unavailable.
- Able to respond to Aon-call@ rotation responsibilities without incurring difficulty.
- Must demonstrate genuine empathy and concern for individuals as indicated in our corporate vision, mission and values statements.
- Adhere to applicable city, county, state and federal laws and regulations, internal and CARF standards.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Philadelphia.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process