Are you interested in a career where you can have a meaningful contribution to the community and be a part of a team? Allendale Association is looking for people like you. For over 120 years, our mission has been dedicated to helping children and families overcome the overwhelming impact of severe emotional and behavior issues and trauma through services and programs that create opportunities for children to learn, grow and heal. Allendale Association, a Child Welfare, Mental Health and Special Education facility, is seeking a full time Horticultural/Greenhouse Aide to work actively within our greenhouse and surrounding community. In this position you will provide support and supervision for students at work or at the educational training site. Duties may also include transporting students to and from various community locations, when staff holds bus driver certification.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an education assistance program within an environment that promotes professional growth. Please visit www.allendale4kids.org to download our application and email or send with a copy of your resume to:
Attn: HR Dept.
P.O. Box 1088
Lake Villa, IL 60046
FAX: (847) 356-0290
EMAIL: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Why work for Allendale?
- Our staff get the chance to:
- Receive outstanding trauma-informed training
- Be a part of a strong and clinically-minded team
- Challenge themselves daily
- Working at Allendale can lead to:
- Growing within the agency – the majority of our supervisors, directors and VP’s grew from within Allendale!
- Gaining in-depth experience in the field and learn skills that will contribute to any other job
Connect with Allendale Recruiter James on LinkedIn!
- Learn job site; perform task analysis of job.
- Orient students to job site.
- Develop individual job training plans for students in small group and/or one-on-one situations. Train students on job site using current best practices and task analysis with emphasis on job safety.
- Track student performance; develop performance goals for students by completing quarterly situational assessment for client workers. Complete payroll & pay generator on a bi-weekly basis.
- Maintain communication with members of treatment team.
- Maintain excellent working relationship with host business and answer questions the public may have.
- Transport students to and from job/educational sites, as needed.
- Monitor the assigned vehicle for safety and maintenance needs and report deficiency to appropriate department.
- Maintain regular daily attendance.
- Assist the Director of Career Technical Educator Department (CTE) with assessing students with the Aviator.
- Perform the following tasks in the Greenhouse as assigned:
a. water plants and apply fertilizer as required
b. transplant, propagate and germinate seed as required
c. sweep/clean Greenhouse and classroom
d. manage and unpack deliveries and supplies as needed
e. perform general greenhouse plant maintenance as needed
f. seasonal outdoor garden maintenance is required
- Participate in school and agency training programs.
- May be needed to provide assistance and support in the implementation of classroom management and reinforcement systems, which are congruent with all other program areas. This includes ability to physically restrain acting out students per safety and behavior management standards.
- Trains Teacher Aide staff to properly supervise youth in the performance of related vocational programs.
- Assist the Director of Career and Technical Education in interviewing students for the Work Experience Program.
- Assist the Director with tracking the department outcomes as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Horticulture Instructor to operate the Greenhouse and Red Barn during seasonal plant sales that include public and private sales.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Lake Villa.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process