Basic Job Info
$12.00 - $15.00 /Hour
essential duties & responsibilities:
- Projects are sanded in a first in, first out flow.
- Test seams for fit to ensure they are not too loose.
- Prepare parts to be sanded by filling seams with wax or glue, removing any access as needed.
- Sand surface, edges and profiles using pneumatic hand sanders, sandpaper and sanding blocks.
- Feel surfaces for smoothness and defects before sending to paint.
- Work with co-workers, supervisors and continuous improvement staff to communicate ideas that may eliminate cost and/or create efficiencies.
- Down stock as needed to keep paint and sanding areas clear, and fill racks to help set painter pace as needed.
- General cleanliness and housekeeping of sanding booth and surrounding areas.
- All other duties as assigned.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to stand for long periods of time, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Constantly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in De Pere.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process