Forklift Operator- Warehouse
Basic Job Info
Frontier Logistics is hiring Forklift Operators for 3rd Shift in Plaquemine, LA!
Forklift operators in the Shipping Department are responsible for the safe, accurate loading of packaged product in to van trailers, containers, or other containers as needed.
Frontier Logistics offers:
- Competitive Compensation ($12-$14 an hour)
- Future Opportunities for Advancement! We promote from with-in!
- Comprehensive Benefits!
- Team Oriented Environment!
We will be contacting you by phone or email so please check them regularly!
Forklift Operators must meet the following requirements:
- At least 6 months' experience operating a sit down forklift
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Able to work in a team or independently
- Able to follow verbal and written instruction
- Able to communicate effectively
Forklift Operators are responsible for:
- Daily Forklift Inspection
- Daily Forklift Production Log
- Pre-stage Orders
- Get pick tickets from the Traffic Coordinator
- Verify the pick ticket matches the customer order and any labels
- Verify that special loading instructions are followed
- Place jack stands and wheel chocks in their proper place
- Inspect the trailer prior to loading
- Inspect materials prior to loading
- Clean materials/pallets if necessary
- Stretch-wrap the lids of LTL box shipments
- Ensure the proper loading patterns are used
- Take picture with white board as required by the picture taking procedure/customer requirements
- Turn in camera to the Traffic Coordinator daily
- Unload inbound trailers
- Unload inbound supplies, mark properly, and put away in designated area
- Pull any required samples
- Complete any necessary repacks
- Complete any necessary relabeling
- Complete any necessary re-classes
- Complete any necessary title transfers
- Ensure all inbound and outbound paperwork is verified by the warehouse lead (‘checker’) per the procedures
- Follow Warehouse moves process for any moved material
- Assist with any other activities the Shipping Lead or Terminal Manger might assign
- Assist with packaging lines if needed
- Verify product & lot before pulling
- Ensure pick ticket matches customer order
- Leave pre-stage pick ticket with the pre-staged material
Frontier Logistics provides diverse and complete supply chain management services and solutions to a variety of customers in the plastics industry. Frontier is a leader in plastics packaging, providing box, bag, and bulk packaging services with an emphasis on innovation and customer service. We are excited to expand our operation in to the Fort Worth area, and are looking for the best and brightest to join our team!
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Plaquemine.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process