Our client is looking for all levels of Field Servicing Technicians for their Canadian locations.
These roles are open to Canadian nationals only - Ideally with Wellhead servicing experience but other relevant backgrounds will be considered.
We have vacancies in the following locations:
Service Technician will assist in the installation, removal, repairs and maintenance of customer equipment on the well site.
Objectives & Measurement
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
• Lead responsibility on all field service
• Responsible for the training of the Field Service Technician I
• Prepare JSA (Job Safety Analysis) on job site and perform all duties in a safe manner
• Safely install, remove, repair and service customer equipment on the well site
• Perform valve lubrication, valve repair, wellhead improvements with the ability to run high pressure lubricator (PBMO) to set various size back pressure valves and two-way check
• Maintain company vehicles, service tools and any other equipment in a clean, ready to use state
• Prepare accurate field service and rental tickets in a clean and legible way
• Promote the company in field service, sales, maintain a professional appearance and work attitude
• Provide technical expertise and direction to well site supervisor and rig crew
• Pre check all equipment on the well site before installation to insure all equipment is correct and all accessories are on location ready to install
• Be receptive to and able to understand training received on related installation processes and safety procedures
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with four years related experience.
Ability to read, write, and speak in the English language.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Bill of Material (BOM), sales order interpretation and the ability to read machine detail drawings a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must have mechanical aptitude. Ability to operate high pressure torque wrenches, hammer wrench, jib cranes, overhead cranes, forklift and be able to do rigging work in a safe manner. Must be able to use power tools, hand tools, swing sledge hammer and measuring devices such as micrometers, tape measure, rulers, scale and pressure gauges with chart recorder.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms, kneeling, bending, stooping and pushing upward, applying downward force and walking. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, colour and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and inclement outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including steel toed safety shoes and safety glasses, in most areas of the well site. May have to work with chemicals and high pressure equipment.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.