To learn more about our Comstock Park office including their location and services offered, check out their webpage at https://metrohealth.net/metro-health-comstock-park/.
The medical assistant personnel are responsible for providing medical support to the providers. Access to information will be limited to that which is necessary to complete daily tasks in accordance with all HIPAA regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Fulfill patient care responsibilities as assigned, which may include: obtaining and recording patient vital signs, height, weight and subjective complaint(s) in the Electronic Medical Record, checking schedules and organizing patient flow, accompanying patient to exam room, assisting patients as needed with walking/transfers/dressing/collecting specimens/preparing for exam, etc., collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients; answering calls and providing pertinent information.
- Providing support and assistance to the physician during patient examinations and procedures.
- Fulfill clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include; sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned which may include: respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems related to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisor quickly including reporting equipment failure.
- Medical Assistants administer medications and perform specific procedures within their scope of practice and education, following hospital policies and procedures, under the delegated authority of the physician or provider
- Obtain any requested lab specimens and the processing of those specimens either internally in the office based lab or externally when required. Completion of any in office testing (i.e. EKG, CLIA waived testing, etc.), that is required.
- Assist the physician’s with the administration of medications or the actual administration of the medication according to their directions as necessary.
- Assist the patient in scheduling any follow-up, referrals, or future office appointments as necessary.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned which may include; setting up and cleaning instruments and equipment according to protocol; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; restocking exam procedure rooms.
- Receive and organize the handling of medication samples.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Comstock Park.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process