Community Credit Union of Florida (CCU) has a long, rich history in Brevard County of making a positive impact in its member’s lives by providing quality products, financial education and excellent member service. Our culture is one of family, compassion and collaboration, which aids in developing and building positive relationships, both internally and externally, to provide growth, loyalty and financial well-being. At CCU, we are continuously seeking individuals who are energetic, highly motivated and want to make a difference in the lives of our members and the community.
How is your company improving lives? At Community Credit Union, we continually strive to make a difference in our employee’s lives, both professionally and personally, by offering a world class, highly competitive compensation and benefits package. Unlike most companies, CCU offers a pension plan that is fully funded by the credit union and provides up to 35% of an employee’s salary upon retirement. We also provide a generous 401(k) that matches up to 50% of up to 6% of an employee’s contribution; 100% paid health, dental, life insurance, AD&D, and long term disability for the employee; 100% tuition assistance; vacation and sick leave. Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
We are currently advertising for a Director of Business Intelligence Unit. This position is responsible for management and deployment of the business intelligence system, including data preparation and warehousing, reporting, financial, behavior and predictive analytics. The incumbent is responsible for the quality of the data across multiple software solutions. The incumbent is also responsible for organizing the information in report and/or graph format, and presenting a conclusion to the Executive Staff.
The Director of the Business Intelligence Unit is responsible for:
Ensuring all activities run smoothly and efficiently and is responsible for attaining established departmental goals.
Adhering to all credit union standard operating policies and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations and guidelines.
Abiding by CCU’s Service Promises when helping a member or co-worker to ensure timely responsiveness to the individual’s needs. Promotes teamwork, respects opinions, abilities and contributions of others and conveys a willingness to assist and cooperate with others and the organization.
With regard to staff issues:
- Ensure team delivers service to both internal and external members that are in alignment with the credit union’s Service Promises.
- Develop each employee to their highest potential by identifying their areas for improvement and appropriately coaching, training or correcting the employees’ performance.Recognize employees who perform at a high level.
- Hold employees accountable for their performance, attitude and behavior. Meet with each employee monthly to review previous month’s performance, set goals for upcoming month’s performance and develop plans to improve employee’s performance.
- Ensure that the department meets goals as established by the Credit Union.
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core values and long term objectives.
- Performs job duties within our bylaws, regulations, Board of Directors policies, established internal and external service standards and our work procedures.
- Train and supervise department staff. Assign, direct, coordinate and review work performed by staff.
- Maintains a highly motivated, well-trained staff maintaining effective employee relations.
- Establishing realistic productivity requirements; monitors staffing and scheduling needs; effectively coaches and counsels subordinates; ensures all personnel problems are properly documented; effectively enforces policies, procedures and rules of conduct; accurately monitors performance standards of each staff member.
- Monitoring staff to ensure 70-80% engagement metrics are met. Ensures staff is accurately completing daily task activities and entering time in a timely manner. Ensures staff is assisting with telephone support and responding to member inquiries and problems in a professional, timely manner.
- Conducting and/or recommending staff for specific training programs to ensure professional development. Also, conducting regular skill assessments of staff track and monitor training and check employees’ progress in all training programs. In addition, the incumbent is responsible to some extent for self-development and is to broaden incumbent’s knowledge and skill base by personal request or as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Ensuring all activities run smoothly and efficiently and is responsible for attaining established departmental goals, ensuring adherence to all credit union standard operating policies and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Abides by CCU’s Service Promises when helping a member or co-worker to ensure timely responsiveness to the individual’s needs. Promotes teamwork, respects opinions, abilities and contributions of others and conveys a willingness to assist and cooperate with others for the benefit of the organization.
Responsible for performing analytics in many different ways, such as financial, behavior and predictive and has the ability to structure the data accordingly.
Make recommendations of new technologies, such as artificial intelligence, and assist in developing the technologies in to useful tools. Keep up-to-date on the latest technology trends.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
BA degree from a college or university; or five (5) or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of an in-depth background in math, finance, statistics, predictive analytics and behavioral analytics. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
Five (5) or more years of extensive, progressive managerial experience with demonstrated leadership ability.
Five (5) or more years of practical experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, data programming and data analytics.
Knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and Credit Union accounting policies and procedures.
Advanced skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, and word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
Innovative thinker with the skills necessary to keep up with new technology.
Ability to take new technologies and apply them to practical uses.
Ability to perform and explain advanced math and statistical skills, such as regression, multivariate data analysis, K-means clustering, pattern recognition and other data mining techniques.
Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to members and employees.
Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi-task, the ability to work with little supervision while performing duties and are a strong team player.