Radio System Architect
ESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Function):
- Lead the analysis, design and specification of the overall radio system and sub - systems required for developing Microwave Digital Radios.
- Define the overall radio system architecture including customer interface, microwave/mm-wave interfaces, mechanical enclosure, radio frequency plan and radio architecture.
- Work closely with hardware engineers to develop the requirement specification documents for radio sub-systems such transceivers, RFICs, IF and Baseband assemblies.
- Work closely with software and firmware (FPGA developers) engineers to generate software and firmware requirement documents.
- Work closely with ATE engineers to develop radio level test strategy and factory implementation.
- Devise radio calibration strategy, design calibration algorithms in support of factory room temperature test and calibration.
- Conduct Preliminary Design and Critical Design Reviews during development cycle.
- Lead the design transfer of the radio product to NPI and production- may require travel to manufacturing site for implementation.
- Thorough working knowledge of microwave test equipment including: signal generators and sweepers, power meters, scalar and vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal source analyzers, BER testers, switches, relays, step attenuators, etc.
- Must be proficient in Microwave simulation CAD programs such as CST, AWR, etc.
- Must be proficient in performing transmit/receive cascade analysis to optimize NF, gain, IIP3, noise poser density and linearity.
- Thorough knowledge of FFC part 101, 15 and ETSI EN 301-217-2,-3
- Previous experience with test and characterization of digital microwave radios is a plus.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, MSEE preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in RF/Microwave radio system and sub –assembly design and development.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in San Diego.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process