Department Sales Manager
Basic Job Info
At least 2 year(s)
Department Sales Manager
In this key position the Department Sales Manager is primarily responsible for every aspect of their department, starting with building and leading their team to greatness. The goal is to achieve monthly department SPV and revenue targets while maintaining the highest levels of guest satisfaction as measured by guest surveys. The Department Sales Manager is secondarily responsible for contributing to overall store SPV and revenue targets. This is accomplished by building and developing team members through the execution of Foundational Excellence (SOP, Talent, and Leadership).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Foundational Excellence – the primary focus of this position, for personal career development, team member satisfaction, and profitable outcomes, is execution of Foundational Excellence:
- SOP – includes all retail SOP, but with a special attention and focus on:
- Training – ensure that new team members are thoroughly trained and that existing team members are fully trained on new initiatives and product
- Brand Experience – ensure an exceptional brand awareness and experience for every guest
- Guest Engagement – ensure execution of the Guest Engagement Model, including attention to Care Free and Revive
- Zoning – manage zone assignments and adjustments based on traffic
- SFL – first, as a support to the SFL through communication and the GEL role, and second, as occasional fulfillment of the SFL role based on the needs of the business
- Performance Management – support and coaching up of team members
- Talent – aware of the talent themes of each team member and able to build a cohesive team out of that talent
- Leadership – able to achieve team goals, bring energy to the team, and motivate the team to greatness through execution of the leadership competencies
- Team Leadership – As a leader of a department, responsible for and assessed on:
- Department SPV – monthly SPV goals
- Team Members above threshold – percent of proficient team members
- Department Guest Surveys – exceptional guest survey scores
- Care Free – reach the goal of 5%
- Business Plan – responsible for execution of the Monthly Business Plan that addresses business results:
- Department SPV – with the end result of enabling the store to dominate its market by growing SPV contribution
- Personal Development on either the Promotability or GEM-ability path of the Career Roadmap through leadership and talent growth
- Personal Sales – while personal sales are not a key performance indicator for this position, a successful Department Sales Manager will be prepared to:
- Engage guests and close sales if that is what is needed to lead the team to its SPV goals (note: this will be more common in smaller staffed stores)
- Connect guests to the right team member
- Interject themselves into guest engagements as needed
- Assist team members with overcoming objections and closing sales
- Assessment – Able to identify current reality by completing accurate monthly assessments of people, processes, and product based on key metrics and personal validation.
- Partnerships – Able to build productive working relationships with:
- Department Sales Managers from same store
- Department Sales Managers of the same departments from other stores
- Brand Manager and Supervisors
- Operations Manager and Supervisors
- Sales Managers (not just their direct manager)
- Complete other duties assigned at the discretion of management.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years of retail experience in a direct customer interactive environment required; “Big Box" experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience highly preferred.
Living Spaces offers a team oriented work environment, for FT employees Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401K, 15% employee discount, weekend lunches, and annual company holiday party.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Rancho Cucamonga.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process