Position Title: Porter
Department: Environmental Services
Reports to: Director of Environmental Services
Created by: Human Resources
Category: Non Exempt
Created on: 03/2013
Position Summary: Keeps building in a clean and orderly condition. Performs scheduled and unscheduled heavy cleaning duties in residents’ rooms and common areas, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from courtyards and walkways. This position works with large cleaning equipment. Position reports to Director of Environmental Services.
● Attends work as scheduled and follows community’s call-off procedures.
● Performs routine cleaning assignments in hallways and common areas such as floor care, walls and windows, and rubbish removal.
● Follows deep cleaning schedules for common areas and residents’ rooms.
● Responds to accidents requiring specialized cleaning.
● Maintains cleaning equipment in good working order, reports defective equipment to supervisor.
● Keeps all walkway and courtyards free from debris and snow/ice. Ensures outdoor furniture is in proper placement.
● Utilizes cleaning chemicals and equipment properly and safely in accordance with departmental and manufacturer’s guidelines.
● Adheres to safe infection control procedures including cross-contamination of personal artifacts.
● Assists with resident room turnover in accordance to policies and procedures.
● Ensures outside grounds are clean and free from debris, including porch areas and courtyards.
● Follows daily work plan outlined by supervisor
● Works in a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized manner, abiding by all health and safety regulations.
● Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
● Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
● Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
● Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hills.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
● Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
● Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
● Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
● Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
● Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
● Trunk Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
● Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
● Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
● Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
● Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
● Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Experience and Education: High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and three plus months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with commercial grade cleaning equipment a plus.
Physical Requirements: Standing (over 2/3), walking (over 2/3), using hands to finger, handle or feel (over 2/3), reach with hands and arms (over 2/3), climb and balance (1/3), stoop, kneel(1/2-2/3), talk or hear (over 2/3), taste or smell (under 1/3). Lifting up to 10 pounds (1/3- 2/3), Up to 25 pounds (2/3); Up to 50 pounds (under 1/2)
I have read the job description and fully understand that the requirements have been determined to be essential to this position. I hereby agree to perform the tasks outlined in this job description in a safe manner in accordance with the communities established procedures.
Associate Signature Date