Accounts Payable Specialist
Basic Job Info
1 to greater than 15 years
$20.00 - $25.00 /Hour
A large manufacturing company in Chicago has an immediate need for an Accounts Payable Specialist. This is one of the largest and fastest growing companies in the Midwest, having seen their profits double in the past five years. Due to this unprecedented growth they now have a need for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist. Below are the duties for the Accounts Payable Specialist opportunity. If you are interested please apply immediately!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and enters vendor invoices into ERP system daily.
- Interacts and resolves problems with vendors.
- Reconciles vendor statements.
- Files all processed Accounts Payable payments weekly.
- Reconciles Raymond invoices to weekly wire transfers.
- Analyze vendors and vendor invoices for savings daily.
- Provides Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Manager with cost variances between vendor invoice and ERP system as found daily.
- Participates in departmental cost savings objectives.
- Performs special projects as requested by Management.
- General knowledge of Accounts Payable function and effects of the same.
- Strong working knowledge of the general ledger and its relationship to financial statements.
- Ability to use reason in reviewing vendor invoices (i.e. determining applicable charges such as sales tax depending on tax status).
- Ability to reconcile vendor statements, checking for credits due as well as possible “lost” invoices.
- Skilled in communicating to both internal and external customers.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Excel. Specifically, ability to create spreadsheets, formulas, and use tools (i.e. sort, subtotal).
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, and possesses strong organizational skills.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Chicago.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process