Fontana Gruppo, an Italian owned company, is the Global leader in the manufacturing of fasteners for the automotive, industrial and construction industries. With 22 manufacturing facilities worldwide, Fontana is dedicated to the continued growth of the company and increasing their market share.
Fontana Fasteners, Inc. in Frankfort, Indiana is leading this growth and is in search of skilled and experienced Cold Forming operators who want to build a career with our growing company. We currently have Bolt maker Operator positions available for our 2nd and 3rd shifts. These are direct hire, full-time positions.
Responsible for setting up a multitude of fasteners spanning sizes ranging from M5 to M30 on a variety of boltmakers (National, Formax, Nedschroef, Sacma). Will be accountable for safely meeting daily production goals, quality requirements, and performing preventative maintenance.
- Ensure safety standards are adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for meeting daily production and quality goals.
- Utilize critical measurement devices, such as: micrometers, calipers, optical comparator, and a variety of attribute gauges.
- Use a Bill of Material (BOM) to identify proper tooling sequence.
- Set up an operation of each aspect of the machine (i.e., wire draw, header, pointer, roll section, tracks and conveyors).
- Accountable for performing preventative maintenance on machines.
- Secure raw material when required.
- Learn to operate and become proficient on different types of boltmaking machinery.
- Commitment to Fontana Fasteners core values: Teamwork, Responsibility, and Trust.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong mechanical ability.
- Strong attention to detail as well as troubleshooting ability.
- Read and understand blueprints.
- Good math skills; able to interpret metric and standard dimensions.
- Must be able to retain and apply technical information from machine manuals.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Identify and use several different hand tools.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience with cold forming operations required.
- Experience with operating progressive presses preferred.
- Experience in a fastener manufacturing environment preferred.
Fontana Fasteners, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits first day to include health, dental, vision, life, 401(k) with match and paid vacations and holidays. We provide an on-the-job training program to acclimate employees to our highly technical process. If you enjoy a challenging opportunity and continued career growth then join our FFI family today.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Frankfort.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process