Oasis Staffing has partnered with electric utility company, Westar Energy, to staff short term, temporary Meter Readers. Individuals in these positions will read electric meters. The role requires good customer service delivery and strong attention to detail. Starting pay is $17.37 with some overtime required. Those hired will be employees of Oasis Staffing and all application and inquiries should be directed to Oasis Staffing.
Read electric and gas consumption meters and enter data in hand-held computers.
· Walk or drive vehicles along established routes to take readings of meter dials.
· Download the assigned routes by docking the hand held to a docking station.
· Upload all information collected on hand-held computers during meter rounds to offices so that data can be compiled.
· Verify readings in cases where consumption appears to be abnormal, and record possible reasons for fluctuations via trouble messages and trouble codes in the hand-held.
· Inspect meters for unauthorized connections, defects, gas leaks, and damage such as broken seals.
· Update and maintain pertinent information and coding such as client addresses and meter locations, to the accounts via the handheld.
· Report to service departments any problems such as meter irregularities, damaged or compromised equipment, or impediments to meter access, including dogs and problematic customers.
· Answer customer questions about service and direct them to customer care centers.
· Leave messages (i.e., door tags) to make arrangements (i.e., different times to read meters, contain dog) in cases in which meters are not accessible.
· Identify potential hazards.
· Wear and use proper PPE at all times.
· Collect past due accounts when customers are in arrears and record it using mobile data software.
· Complete successions and other types of orders using mobile data software.
· Guide and assist others (i.e., engineers, out of town linemen crews) when inclement weather occurs.
· Complete surveys (i.e., commercial, residential, device use) in order to keep databases updated.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
Safety – The job requires the utmost attention paid to safety in all instances.
Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Independence — Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations in addition to inclement weather conditions.
Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Customer Service Orientation – Understands the importance of serving the customer at a high level of satisfaction.
The successful applicant is subject to work in all types of weather conditions and must possess a valid driver’s license. A company vehicle is not provided for meter readers, as such, the successful applicant must have access to a reliable vehicle.
Oasis Staffing requires that applicants for the Meter Reader position demonstrate stable, verifiable work history. Selected applicants will also be required to pass a background check and drug screen.
Disclaimer The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.