South Texas Vo-Tech is seeking a full-time instructor for our Automotive Service Technician program. This is an excellent opportunity to use your experience in the automotive service field to give to others seeking education and training
Instructors will ensure ethical conduct, sound educational practices, and the academic development of each student, with focus on the mission and core values of the campus. In this position, the Instructor delivers the approved curriculum to help students achieve their educational and career goals. Instructors will also manage their classrooms and promote a positive and engaging learning experience, provide support, tutoring and other assistance as needed. Instructors are to “model" the professional behaviors, language, and activities expected of our students.
TYPICAL WORK HOURS
The start time and end time of the Instructor’s day is determined by the shift the instructor is assigned (classes are typically taught in three shifts – morning, afternoon, and evening). Typical full-time work hours average 30 to 40 hours per work week. Part-time hours are based on need. This position is eligible for overtime.
- Utilize classroom and lab instruction, student assessment mechanisms, and classroom management techniques to provide an engaged classroom experience to students
- Guarantee that student has been presented with the material to successfully meet the learning objectives of each course within a student’s program of study
- Ensure that instructional materials and equipment are ready for student use, sufficient in quantity, are properly maintained and are in working order prior to class time
- Participate in ongoing faculty assessment and professional development activities to ensure an active and engaged classroom experience for all students; maintain required certification and license
- Actively participate in meetings, review and analyze assessment data, compile reports, and meet academic and administrative deadlines
- Ensure campus compliance with all federal, state, and regulatory bodies’ guidelines, along with internal policies of the company
- Other duties as assigned
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in San Antonio.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process