Reports To: Director of Operations/Harvest ManagerResponsibilities & Duties:
• Assistant to the Harvest Manager
• Executes directives and plans of Harvest Manager.
• Helps coordinate activities such as: Harvest Estimates, Timing, Quality, Supplies, and Budgets.
• Determine when, where and how much product will be harvested on any given day.
• Continuously supervising labor crews on a daily start to finish basis to ensure that the quality of the pack is up to the company’s standards.
• Supervising crew progress on the product order throughout the day.
• Reports status of daily operations back to Harvest Manager.
• Records information, such as Quality, Supply, Timing, Yield, Lost Acres, Start and Close Dates.
• Sets up harvest for the following day, Crew Placement, PTI Tags, Food Safety Inspection Sheets
• Analyzes plant growth and reports crop status and/or crop recommendations.
• Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
• Inspects fields to determine maturity dates of crops to estimate harvest timing and quantity.
• Enforces safety regulations and ensures policies are followed.
• Manage transition from growing region to growing region; able to relocate and travel.
• Work with Ranch Managers, Foreman, Crew Personnel, and Labor Contractors.
• Ability to perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
• Combination of education, training, and applied knowledge in Agri-Business and Vegetable Production.
• Bachelors or Associates Degree in Agriculture, Business or related field, is a plus, but not required.
Position Reports to:
• Director of Operations
• Harvest Manager