Automotive Parts Sales - Parts Advisor / Parts Counterperson
Basic Job Info
Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep is hiring an experienced Parts Advisor / Parts Counterperson to join their winning team!! The Parts Advisor or Counterperson is responsible for assisting all mechanics and customers in purchasing needed parts and supplies. The Parts Advisor is also responsible for achieving monthly sales and gross forecasts and for seeking out and soliciting parts business. The Parts Advisor reports directly to the Parts Manager.
Job duties for a parts advisor include:
- Tracking all incoming and outgoing parts for a dealership.
- Locating available parts when the dealership is out of stock.
- Handling parts payment collection and making sure all parts are billed correctly through the service department and collision repair shop.
- Packaging and shipping parts back to the manufacturer from time to time, and completing the appropriate record keeping.
- Referring to parts manuals (both hard copy and electronic format) to identify exactly the right part(s) for the make, model and year of vehicles being serviced.
As an Automotive Parts Advisor, you will be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as an Automotive Parts Advisor:
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in an auto parts sales role.
- Must have computer proficiency.
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Valid driver's license
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Old Saybrook.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process