Select, fit, and take care of costumes for cast members, and aid entertainers.
||Median Annual Wage
||Average Job Openings Per Year
||Average Unemployment Percentage
||Percentage That Completed High School
||Employment Numbers in 2006
||Percentage That Had Some College
||Employment Numbers in 2016 (est.)
||Percentage That Went Beyond College Degree
Sample Job Titles
Sources: Career Guide to Industries (CGI), Occupational Information Network (O*Net), Occupation Outlook Handbook (OOH)
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Medicine and Dentistry — Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Physics — Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, and mechanical, electrical, atomic and sub- atomic structures and processes.
- Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Stamina — The ability to exert yourself physically over long periods of time without getting winded or out of breath.
- Explosive Strength — The ability to use short bursts of muscle force to propel oneself (as in jumping or sprinting), or to throw an object.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Hearing Sensitivity — The ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness.
- Supplemental — Collaborate with production designers, costume designers, and other production staff in order to discuss and execute costume design details.
- Supplemental — Monitor, maintain, and secure inventories of costumes, wigs, and makeup, providing keys or access to assigned directors, costume designers, and wardrobe mistresses/masters.
- Core — Distribute costumes and related equipment, and keep records of item status.
- Supplemental — Create worksheets for dressing lists, show notes, and costume checks.
- Core — Arrange costumes in order of use to facilitate quick-change procedures for performances.
- Monitoring and Controlling Resources — Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the spending of money.
- Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates — Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Assisting and Caring for Others — Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Repairing and Maintaining Electronic Equipment — Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or testing machines, devices, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of electrical or electronic (not mechanical) principles.
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
3 Costume Attendant Jobs Found
Grade: Run cue tracks to position and maintain costume and related accessories for the performance and artists training. Follow all assigned daytim...
MGM Resorts International
NV - Las Vegas
posted 27 days ago
Job Summary The Tea Room Attendant's responsibilities include but are not limited to: Taking orders and serving food and beverages in a colonial co...
Historic Tours of America®
MA - Boston
posted 20 days ago
Are you looking for a short term job or an opportunity to make some extra money? Do you like working with people? Manpower is looking for some indi...
posted 21 days ago