Careers, Jobs and Education Resources for: De Tour Village, MI

De Tour Village is a village in Chippewa County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 421 at the 2000 census. The village is at the extreme eastern tip of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, in Detour Township, at the turning point for the shipping channel connecting the St. Mary's River with Lake Huron and the Straits of Mackinac. Drummond Island, one of the largest islands in the St. Mary's River, is only one mile across the river from De Tour. The De Tour Reef Light is nearby. The village was originally named Warrenville in 1848 after Ebenezer Warren, the first postmaster in the township. The name was changed to De Tour on July 25, 1856, when a new postmaster, Henry A. Williams, assumed office. De Tour was incorporated as De Tour Village in 1961 (the word "Village" is a part... (from wikipedia)

General Information
Chippewa County865 Population (as of 2000)
Michigan State421 Population (current)
51.5 Square Miles of Land2.0 Average Persons Per Household (as of 2000)
2.5 Square Miles of Water$105,300 Average House Value (as of 2000)
$36,000 Average House Income (as of 2000)

Business Information
31 Number of Businesses (as of 2003)$372,000 Total First Quarter Payroll (as of 2003)
104 Number of Employees (as of 2003)$1,906,000 Total Annual Payroll (as of 2003)

Gender (as of 2000)
Ethnicity (as of 2000)
Median Ages (as of 2000)

City Employers