Careers, Jobs and Education Resources for: Bledsoe, TX
Bledsoe is a town in western Cochran County, Texas, located near the New Mexico border. It is about 68 miles west of Lubbock, Texas. As of the 1990 US Census, the town had a population of 125. Bledsoe was founded in 1925 as the terminus of the Panhandle and Santa Fe Railroad, and named for Samuel T. Bledsoe, the line's president. The town gained its original prosperity through its function as a cattle-shipping station, and reached its greatest population of 400 in 1930.