Careers, Jobs and Education Resources for: Wilson, AR
Wilson is a town in Mississippi County, Arkansas, United States. The population was 939 at the 2000 census. The town was named after Robert E. Lee Wilson, a landowner and logging business owner in the area in the late 19th century. In 1900, a prehistoric mastodon skeleton was discovered 4 mi (6,4 km) southeast of Wilson. In the first half of the 20th century, archeological artifacts from an aboriginal village dated 1400-1650 CE were found about 5 mi (8 km) east of Wilson, at the Nodena Site.