Careers, Jobs and Education Resources for: Shenandoah Junction, WV
Shenandoah Junction is an unincorporated community in Jefferson County in the U.S. state of West Virginia's Eastern Panhandle. According to the 2000 census, the Shenandoah Junction community has a population of 1,815 . It is located between Kearneysville and Charles Town off WV 9. Shenandoah Junction is home to Jefferson High School and West Virginia's oldest surviving wood frame structure, the Peter Burr House, built around 1751. The land where Shenandoah Junction was built was part of the 392 acres (1.59 km2) granted by Lord Fairfax to Lewis Neil. The town was originally called Neil's, but the name was changed to Shenandoah Junction in 1881. The town owes much of its early growth to the coming of the B&O Railroad in the 1830s, and the name refers to the junction of the B&O and N&W lin...
||Population (as of 2000)|
||Square Miles of Land||2.0
||Average Persons Per Household (as of 2000)|
||Square Miles of Water||$153,700
||Average House Value (as of 2000)|
||Average House Income (as of 2000)|
||Number of Businesses (as of 2003)||$245,000
||Total First Quarter Payroll (as of 2003)|
||Number of Employees (as of 2003)||$1,534,000
||Total Annual Payroll (as of 2003)|
Gender (as of 2000)
Ethnicity (as of 2000)
Median Ages (as of 2000)
No employer information available.